Did you know that the Cracker Barrel offered catering? We are sure you are already familiar with the name, but here is a little more about them how they can fit into your wedding day!
1. Where are you originally from? And how long have you been in Portland?
I am a native Portlander.
2. What is your favorite thing about Portland?
I love the culture, food, beauty and how I can get from the Desert to the Beach in a day.
3. What is your favorite spot or thing to do in Portland?
I LOVE the holidays, Zoo Lights, PIR Winter Wonderland Dog Walk, The Grotto at the holidays, December at the Pittock Mansion…if it happens in December, I adore it.
4. How long have you been working as a professional wedding caterer?
I have been around the food and beverage industry for years and I love it.
5. What people/training/experiences/opportunities led you to this career path?
I love food and it’s fun to work around. I have been in the hospitality field in one way or another for 20 years.
6. How would you describe the importance of your role & why do you feel a couple should hire a professional caterer for their wedding day?
It’s your day, leave the details that those you entrust with helping you make memories. Food is the heart and soul of any gathering.
7. What is the best part of your job?
Exceeding people’s expectations and being part of their special memory
8. What do you find most challenging about your specific line of work or weddings in general?
That I can’t eat all the wedding cake.
9. Do you work solo or do you have a studio and/or team?
I am part of a group of people that make the magic happen.
10. What do you attribute to your success as a wedding caterer What do you think makes you stand apart from others in your field?
I support a brand that has been around for 50 years and we make it our mission to please people at a friendly price point that every budget can afford.
11. At what point in the wedding planning process should clients hire you?
When you are ready, we are ready…we can work on short notice.
12. Where do you draw inspiration?
A Our food pairs well with outdoor barbeques and back yard weddings, country outdoor or indoor themes that evoke nostalgia.
13. What is the most important thing that couples should ask someone in your profession before hiring them?
Will you help us have a good time?
14. What is your best advice for wedding clients?
Choose what feels right and true to you, whatever that may be.
15. Anything else you’d like couples to know about you?
I will ride any rollercoaster.
16. What other local wedding professionals are currently inspiring you?
Wedding florists, the creativity and beauty amaze me at Floral Sunshine.