We are so pleased to introduce you to Jodi Iverson Florals in this week’s vendor shout out! With 30-years of experience in the wedding industry, this lady will wow you with her floral designs. Jodi will also be part of the upcoming Portland Venue Crawl on March 21st at Postlewait’s! Read on to learn about Jodi and her floral business!
1. Where are you originally from? And how long have you been in Portland?
I was adopted from Korea at the age of 3.
2. What is your favorite thing about Portland?
My favorite thing about PDX is that it is small enough not to get lost in.
3. What is your favorite spot or thing to do in Portland?
My favorite thing to do in PDX is to find delicious food.
4. How long have you been working as a professional wedding florist?
I have been professionally designing florals for 35 years.
5. What people/training/experiences/ opportunities led you to this career path?
My Mother was a wedding florist and my first and only floral class was at the age of 5. I am self taught.
6. How would you describe the importance of your role & why do you feel a couple should hire a professional florist for their wedding day?
Hiring a professional can really have a huge impact of how the end result will look and feel. Professionally designed flowers can elevate your whole look, and can really give you and your guests something to talk about for years to come.
7. What is the best part of your job?
The best part of my job is working with my awesome clients.
8. What do you find most challenging about your specific line of work or weddings in general?
One of the most challenging things with weddings is clients not communicating last minute changes.
9. Do you work solo or do you have a studio and/or team?
I work out of my home studio, and my husband helps with installations.
10. What do you attribute to your success as a wedding florist? What do you think makes you stand apart from others in your field?
I attribute my success to working as hard as I can & letting my work speak for itself. Showing that I can do creative florals and installations. Social media & networking with other vendors.
11. At what point in the wedding planning process should clients hire you?
Clients should hire me after they have selected their venue.
12. Where do you draw inspiration? Are there any current trends you are excited about?
I draw inspiration from other professionals in my field. Garden centers, flower market & nature itself. I am super excited to do floral pieces with little to no greenery, I love letting the flowers themselves shine!
13. What is the most important thing that couples should ask someone in your profession before hiring them?
Most important things couple should ask me before hiring: Are you experienced and do you have photos of your work.
14. What is your best advice for wedding clients?
Best advice regarding florals- put your budget into the items that you will most likely have in your photos that you would actually frame-such as bridal bouquet/ ceremony / bride and grooms table.
15. Anything else you’d like couples to know about you?
I love chilling out and snuggling with my fur baby.
16. What other local wedding professional (s) are currently inspiring you?
Other professionals that inspire me are Joseph from Botanica (an amazing designer) & Madeline Moore events.
Thanks for sharing with us Jodi! Remember, you can meet Jodi in person at the upcoming venue crawl on March 21st at Postlewait’s! Hope to see you there!
For more information on the Portland Venue Crawl, click here!
And for a more detailed look at the venues participating at the crawl, click here!