We are so excited to introduce you to Columbia Edgewater Country Club in today’s vendor shout out! If you are looking for a BEAUTIFUL space that can accommodate a large number of guests and is conveniently located near hotels for out of town guests, get excited! This venue will be a perfect fit!
1. Where are you located and what kind of venue are you in general?
We are conveniently located in NE Portland (2220 NE Marnie Dr.) Because of the proximity to the airport, there are tons of places for out of town guests to stay. A few will even do shuttles to and from Columbia Edgewater and even offer discounts. Our venue is a country club, so the grass is always green.
2. Can you briefly describe your property/space including all the indoor and outdoor options?
When you enter the driveway you are greeted with greenery. With a perfect view of Mount Hood to your left and evergreen trees to your right. Inside the space is huge! Built-in bar, full patio, dance floor, and fireplace that works perfectly to frame a head table. Out front, we offer an outside ceremony site that is vibrant, especially the wisteria (which is my favorite!). We also can have an indoor wedding which is perfect for the fall and winter months. An added bonus is that we have amazing spots for the perfect sunset photos.
3. What is the maximum number of guests that can be seated for dinner and do you one caterer or a preferred list of caterers to choose from?
250-300. We do all catering in house. However, you may bring in any and all the dessert you want. We will even cut and serve cake for you, free of charge. We have a list of preferred vendors for other things like DJ and photography, however, you are not required to use them.
4. Do you offer lower rental rates for off-season months and/or non-Saturday weddings and does your venue have a rain plan?
Our rental rate remains the same but our food and beverage minimum changes based on the season and day of the week. We have both indoor and outdoor ceremony sites so we have a back-up plan in case of rain.
5. How long has your venue been hosting weddings and events? And in your opinion, why is Portland such an amazing place to plan a wedding?
At least 40 years. Portland is a perfect place for a wedding. I am biased as a PDX native, but I couldn’t imagine a wedding anywhere else. We have such natural beauty around us that all you have to do is step outside for photos.
6. What are a few things that make your venue unique and/or seem to attract wedding couples?
Not only is space beautiful, but I also have to rave about our staff and the excellent service they provide. They are the foundation of this place. We have an exceptionally brilliant chef who produces amazing food. Additionally, we are very flexible and accommodating. People come here for weddings because we are a very high-value venue. The space alone is beautiful and rustic. Or with some decorations, you can transform the place however you want. In the years I have worked here I have never seen a wedding look exactly the same, which speaks the versatility of the venue. We provide all the tables, chairs, linens, tableware, staff, planning services, bridal suites, free tasting, and you get the venue all day long. Because we have one large ballroom you do not have to worry about any other event going on; we focus completely on your day! We also have free on-site parking in a gated lot and a built-in dance floor, so that is pretty awesome.
7. How would you describe the importance of the venue decision for couples and at what point in their wedding planning process should they be looking and booking their venue?
Venue is first! It is probably the hardest and most important decision you will make. Find out what the venue can provide and then you can fill in the blanks from there. I suggest looking at venues as soon as possible and book early. I also suggest looking for dresses early because some alterations can take a long time.
8. What is the best part about managing a wedding venue?
It is definitely a dream job. I love the people I meet and have developed lasting friendships as well. I have been a part of Columbia Edgewater Country Club for 8 years. I actually started as a part-time server and worked my way up. It is really cool to see both sides of how weddings come together. Because of my food and beverage background, I still love being able to step in and help serve and bartend. The other thing I love is the team I work with. Honestly, I couldn’t imagine doing anything else.
9. What do you find most challenging about your specific line of work or weddings in general?
Weddings are a lot of work. But my job is to make your day as stress-free as possible. Let us do the heavy lifting for you. And even though it is a lot of work, it is all worth it to see a happy couple on their send-off and the smiling faces of all your guests.
10. What are a few of the most important things that couples should ask their venue before booking?
Be sure you know everything they provide in house. Ask about fees; make sure there are no additional costs and you know exactly what you are paying for so there are no surprises. Be sure to check availability; always ask before you tour if you have a date that is not flexible. Finally, read the contract and ask questions. I have found some couples apologize for asking questions. Never apologize or be scared to ask questions because that is what we are here for.
11. What is your best advice for wedding clients during their venue search or in general?
Go with your gut. Make sure you like who you will be working with at the venue. The person in my position is going to be working with you directly, sometimes for over a year!
12. Is there anything else you want couples or other wedding professionals to know about you or your venue?
If you are looking for a great venue, come check out Columbia Edgewater Country Club. We’re located on the scenic Marine Drive, and have a dedicated staff that will work with you every step of the way to make your special day extraordinary.
13. What is the best way for couples to check out your venue online and/or set up a tour to visit you in person?
I would suggest our website – www.cecc.com – and to fill out an inquiry form. I will get back to you within 48 hours. Email is the best way to set up a tour.
Featured image photographed by Modern Art Photograph