1. Where are you originally from? And how long have you been in Portland?
Montana, moved to Oregon in 2004.
2. What is your favorite thing about Portland?
The beauty, green grass, an hour drive to the beach, snow or any gorgeous river.
3. What is your favorite spot or thing to do in Portland?
Chasing water is my hobby, cliff jumping and swimming. One of my favorite places (before it was taken over by the forest service) is a place called Three Pools. Absolutely stunning!
4. How long have you been working as a professional wedding caterer?
13 years, 11 of which owning my own business.
5. What people/training/experiences/ opportunities led you to this career path?
My passion for food and connections and my love for helping make those connections.
6. How would you describe the importance of your role & why do you feel a couple should hire a professional caterer for their wedding day?
My role as the owner plays a big part on the actual day of. I’m ensuring that all areas, especially the food is executed promptly, and delivered at its peak freshness. Being able to kick back and enjoy your big day with your friends and family and leave the work to someone else is such a blessing. That’s what we are here for. To take care of the food on your big day from start to finish.
7. What is the best part of your job?
Seeing the happiness my food can bring to people makes every day so worth it to me.
8. What do you find most challenging about your specific line of work or weddings in general?
Finding good staff to perform the duties up to expectation and standard of what I expect.
9. Do you work solo or do you have a studio and/or team?
I have a wonderful small team of anywhere from 6-15 throughout the year.
10. What do you attribute to your success as a wedding caterer?
What do you think makes you stand apart from others in your field? Our food speaks for itself. It’s all made with love, from scratch, no corners cut ever!
11. At what point in the wedding planning process should clients hire you?
Of course we always love the instant connection, however we always encourage people to see what’s out there. We want to ensure you feel comfortable with your decision to have Divine cater your wedding.
12. Where do you draw inspiration? Are there any current trends you are excited about?
My inspiration came from my mother, I’m all about comfort food and keeping up with current trends. My background is French inspired so a lot of cream, butter and everything that may not be good for you but is delicious!
13. What is the most important thing that couples should ask someone in your profession before hiring them?
Are there any extra charges? What is not included in the package price. Couples reach out to so many vendors that it’s hard to keep track of what everyone offers because it’s all different. Make sure you write down what each one offers and that it’s spelled out in the proposal/contract.
14. What is your best advice for wedding clients?
Make sure you choose wedding professionals. Wedding professionals know the ins and outs of weddings and will be able to make your big day go more flawlessly.
15. Anything else you’d like couples to know about you?
This business is my life. I love what I do and I love to make people’s day extra special with the food I prepare. I think that’s extremely important.