1. Where are you located and what kind of venue are you in general?
The Oregon Golf Club is surrounded by Willamette valley vineyards and located atop of Pete’s Mountain, in beautiful West Linn Oregon. The Oregon Golf Club is a large estate Country Club with several indoor and outdoor venue spaces.
2. Can you briefly describe your property/space including all the indoor and outdoor options?
Our picturesque outdoor Rose Garden and Rose Pavilion are the perfect setting for unforgettable ceremonies and receptions. Adjacent to the main clubhouse, the newly-built Rose Pavilion features soaring ceilings, and 110 feet of floor-to-ceiling windows with dramatic views of the surrounding Rose Gardens.
3. What is the maximum number of guests that can be seated for dinner and do you have in house catering or a preferred list of caterers to choose from?
Our space can seat up to 430 guests. We are a full-service facility with onsite catering. Although we do not allow outside catering, our talented and extremely creative culinary team are sure to please every palate.
4. Do you offer lower rental rates for off season months and/or non-Saturday weddings and does your venue have a rain plan?
We offer significant discounts on our Food & Beverage Minimums and site fees for weekday dates, as well as off peak dates (October through May)! Weekday weddings will receive a greatly reduced site fee, and a greatly reduced food and beverage minimum!
5. How long has your venue been hosting weddings and events? And in your opinion, why is Portland (and surrounding areas) such an amazing place to plan a wedding?
The Oregon Golf Club opened in 1992 and has been hosting upscale weddings and events since. Our Scottish-style estate clubhouse serves as an awe-inspiring setting, with beautiful views of surrounding vineyards, Mt. Hood and the Cascade Range as well as the many Willamette Valley vistas.
6. What are a few things that make your venue unique and/or seem to attract wedding couples?
We offer incomparable scenic wedding ceremony sites and reception spaces just outside of metropolitan Portland. In fact, just an 8-mile jaunt. The Oregon Golf Club offers the sophistication of the city as well as sweeping outdoor settings.
7. How would you describe the importance of the venue decision for couples and at what point in their wedding planning process should they be looking and booking their venue?
We always say selecting your venue sets a tone for all the decisions to come. What experience do you want your loved ones to enjoy? What will your pictures look like? Could you just FEEL it when you came down the drive? Our team recommends venue selection be the first decision couples make…after saying “yes” that is.
8. What is the best part about managing a wedding venue?
A wedding is never just another wedding at The Oregon Golf Club. They are all so unique, individual and special and seeing a wedding through from beginning to end is a joyful journey. That’s our favorite part, yesterday, today and tomorrow.
9. What do you find most challenging about your specific line of work or weddings in general?
For us the most challenging thing is when we see brides, grooms and family laboring on their wedding day. It’s one of the biggest days of your life and missing a single second is something you can’t take back. Please please hire a coordinator—it is the best wedding gift you can give yourselves.
10. What are a few of the most important things that couples should ask their venue before booking?
What’s included? What are your photography guidelines? Are there hidden fees? Do you have vendor requirements? Ask your tour provider how they would describe their venue. We like to provide a 5-word summary of our venue: Elegance, Courtesy, Integrity, Professionalism and Flexibility.
11. What is your best advice for wedding clients during their venue search or in general?
Trust your instincts, they’re usually right on target and listen to each other.
12. What is the best way for couples to check out your venue online and/or set up a tour to visit you in person?
For more information about The Oregon Golf Club, please contact our Privates Events Team at (503) 650-7810 or [email protected].