In today’s vendor shout out, we are pleased to introduce you to Premiere Catering! If you are looking to add an amazing caterer to your wedding day line up, with over 22 years experience in the Portland area, have we got the caterer for you! We love them and know that you will too!
1. Where are you originally from? And how long have you been in Portland?
I was born in Chicago, and grew up in a small town called East Dundee, IL. Ever Since the Portland Trail Blazers Won their Championship! 1977 is when I moved to Portland.
2. What is your favorite thing about Portland?
I think it’s that small-town feel, where everyone knows their neighbor and is involved in their community.
3. What is your favorite spot or thing to do in Portland?
My Favorite Spot is Tad’s Chicken and Dumplings, I found it years ago and go there every year on my Birthday.
4. How long have you been working as a professional wedding caterer?
Almost 22 years at Premiere Catering.
5. What people/training/experiences/ opportunities led you to this career path?
I was a Chef for many years at Portland Golf Club, and The Memorial Coliseum working with the Portland Trailblazers. I made the mistake in learning how to type, now they don’t let me cook anymore.
6. How would you describe the importance of your role & why do you feel a couple should hire a professional caterer for their wedding day?
When we meet with some of our potential clients, we take on the responsibility to guide them and inform them of the process, how all these amazing things and ideas they have, come to fruition.
7. What is the best part of your job?
Just about all of it, we are passionate about what we do and always excited to assist our clients on their special day. From the initial contact, to preparing a menu that suits their budget and style, assisting and incorporating their vision, design, style and colors all the way to the day of their wedding and execution of the plan. It gives us a great sense of accomplishment.
8. Do you work solo or do you have a studio and/or team?
We have a very talented team of Professionals that we work with, and we can’t say enough about them, their added insight, their willingness to go the extra step to give great customer service.
9. What do you attribute to your success as a wedding caterer? What do you think makes you stand apart from others in your field?
Our approach to our clients, our team of professionals, our staff both front and back of house, and mainly our willingness to make every attempt to work with our client’s budgets and visions. Going the extra mile for a lack of a better term. We include all their essential rentals complementary in our Menu’s, at no additional cost to them, a Standard Table Linen, White Square Ceramic Dinner and Cake Plate, Stainless Steel Flatware, Cloth Napkin and Water Glass. About what we do, our on-site Cooking, the attention to detail that we offer our clients and most of all our years of experience.
10. At what point in the wedding planning process should clients hire you?
As early as they feel comfortable, most of our clients book us 15 to 8 months ahead of their event. We are a boutique company that has a limit on the number of events we are willing to take on, we would rather turn someone away than promise something that we cannot deliver.
11. Where do you draw inspiration? Are there any current trends you are excited about?
From our clients, most of them have something in their heads about what their day is going to look like, how they want their guests to be treated in their own customized experience.
We hope that you loved learning about Premiere Catering as much as we loved introducing you! To meet them face to face and sample some of their delicious menu options, come to the Portland Venue Crawl on March 21st! They will be at the Foundry in Lake Oswego.
To learn more about the event, click here!