Having signature cocktails available at your reception can add a personalized feel to your post-wedding celebration. A signature cocktail is meant to be a unique drink that is made in the couple’s honor, and often uses local ingredients. The bar is the first place most wedding guests head to after the ceremony, so having specialized drinks for them can enhance the party vibe!
Mint & Mirth designs cocktails to fit each client’s occasion and personalities. They were named Oregon Bride magazine’s Best Cocktail Caterer for the last 2 years. Silver Julep provides bartending services and drinks out of their own silver bar airstream! With these two vendors, you’ll find the answers you’re looking for! Read on for some more things to consider regarding signature cocktails.
- Keep in mind that most alcoholic drinks can be made into a “mocktail” version, so your guests who cannot or wish not to drink can still enjoy your signature cocktail
- If you’d rather keep it simple, go with one light and one dark option – that will likely satisfy most of your guests, and it’s easier on your budget!
- If your wedding party is on the larger side, consider a cocktail with less ingredients – more complicated drinks take longer for the bartenders to make, and can cause a longer wait at the bar
- Choose ingredients around your wedding season – your bartender or mixologist can help you craft something up based on what flavors, fruits, and herbs are in season
- Have fun with it! You can design your drink based on your wedding colors, your wedding theme, or even where you’re headed on your honeymoon! And get creative with your drink names – you can do a little play on words and put your names in the drink title, or your wedding hashtag, or something along those lines. It’s YOUR signature cocktail, so incorporate yourselves into it!
A few other amazing local mobile crafted cocktail bars we love include The Swig Rig, The Tiddly Trailer Bar Co., Merit Badge, Public Provisions, Bar Nomad PDX, and Booze Trucks. And if you want to add an extra fun boozy treat for your guests…check out Sloshy Pops as well. Cheers!
Images for this post courtesy of Silver Julep
This Tips & Advice piece was submitted by Dana Barbar, a trusted local wedding professional and talented writer.