We’re continuing our top wedding songs roundup! Choosing songs for your wedding seems like a lot of fun, yet it can be more difficult than it sounds, especially with the huge number of song choices out there. We asked our awesome DJ vendors for some insights on song requests that they hear often for weddings. In this post, we’ll share our selection of top 5 songs for the father/daughter dance, mother/son dance, and the bouquet & garter toss!
Father Daughter Dance
This will play during the reception when the bride dances with her father. This moment is usually a tearjerker for most! Many fathers and daughters may already have a song of significance to them, but here are some top song ideas.
- Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle
- My Little Girl by Tim McGraw
- Unforgettable by Nat King Cole
- My Girl by The Temptations
- Just the Way You Are by Billy Joel
Mother Son Dance
This will play during the reception when the groom dances with his mother. A sweet moment to witness! Here are some top songs to consider.
- My Wish by Rascal Flatts
- What A Wonderful World by Louis Arsmstrong
- I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack
- I Say A Little Prayer by Aretha Franklin
- Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
Photo credit: Andrea Zajonc Photography
Bouquet and Garter Toss
These are fun songs to play during the bouquet toss and garter toss at the reception. Typically, these songs are meant to get people out on the floor, so the more upbeat, the better! And for the garter toss especially, the more risqué, the more fun! Here are top 3 song choices for each.
- Single Ladies by Beyonce
- I Love It by Icona Pop
- Where Them Girls At by David Guetta
- Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO
- Let’s Get It On by Marvin Gaye
- Pony by Ginuwine
Featured image by Andrea Zajonc Photography
This Tips & Advice piece was submitted by Dana Barbar, a trusted local wedding professional and talented writer.